24 Jan Warming Wintery Chestnut Soup Recipe for National Soup Month
Warm up this winter with this delicious chestnut soup!
Although the festive season has been and gone, winter is still here. That means we can make the most of chestnuts while they are in season! Since January is National Soup Month, whip up this delicious (and easy!) chestnut soup recipe. It makes a great dinner for the whole family and can easily be frozen for future meals. Take a look at the recipe below.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot (minced)
- 1 rib celery (minced)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 ounces chestnuts (roasted and peeled)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large soup or stock pot, saute the minced carrot, celery, and onion in the oil until very soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Next, add the vegetable broth to the pot and stir to combine well.
- Add the chopped fresh parsley, cloves, bay leaves, and the roasted and peeled chestnuts. Bring the mixture a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and allow to simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and take out the bay leaves.
- Puree the soup in a blender or process until desired consistency is reached (completely puree it smooth or leave a few chunks—up to you!).
- Return the chestnut soup to the pot. Over medium low heat, stir in the soy milk and allow to cook until heated through again.
- Season generously with salt and pepper before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe! At Dougherty Insurance, we represent multiple carriers and are able to explore all of the best options to suit your needs. We want to make sure that you have the coverage you need – it’s our job to help you! Contact us today for unparalleled insurance in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.