24 Aug The Difference Between Car Insurance vs. Car Warranty
Car warranty, insurance, coverage…. What does it take to get your car protected?
For every motorist, it’s important to understand the different types of coverage for cars so that you’ll know what kind of protection you need. It’s better to be aware of the coverage that you need than be unpleasantly surprised later because you misunderstood what security you have!
Both car warranties and auto insurance pay for vehicle repairs, but it’s important to understand the distinction in order to avoid making a bad purchase!
A car insurance policy repairs your vehicle if it’s damaged in a collision or by some other covered peril, such as theft, fire, or a natural disaster. It also covers:
- Liability coverage – May help to pay for someone else’s medical bills or damage to their property by an accident at which you were at fault.
- Collision coverage – Repairs or replaces your car if it’s damaged in a crash with another vehicle or object, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive coverage – Repairs for damage to your vehicle caused by things other than a collision, such as fire, theft, vandalism, or falling objects.
- Medical payments coverage – Covers medical expenses for you and your passengers in the event of an accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – If a driver hits you with no or too little insurance, this coverage aids your car repair expenses.
A new car warranty is the vehicle manufacturer’s promise to help pay for replacement parts or covered repairs during your specified warranty period. This warranty comes with your vehicle, but the dealership may offer you an extended warranty so that your car is covered for more years to come. Depending on the policy, you may find that some items that commonly wear out, such as wiper blades, tires, and brake pads) aren’t covered.
To get started on securing your car insurance, contact Kevin or Marci! With us, you’re a person, not a policy number. We understand the importance of personalizing car insurance to suit your needs, family, and future, all at the right price. Contact us today for service in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.