19 Oct Is Your Car Insurance Updated for Fall?
As the leaves start to fall, take the time to review your auto insurance.
Now that fall is upon us, we get to enjoy shorter days, cooler nights, and falling leaves. As you’re out on the roads leaf-peeping, visiting pumpkin patches, and commuting to-and-from work this autumn, keep a sharp eye out for fall driving dangers. From rain to deer, autumn brings new challenges for motorists. Along with taking it slow on the roads, it’s time to tune up your car for the cooler months and review your auto insurance!
Prep Your Car For Fall
Fall brings inclement weather and is quickly followed by the hazardous months of winter. Now is the time to prepare your car for safe driving throughout the cooler months.
Here’s how to get your car fall ready:
- Periodically check your vehicle’s fluid levels, such as windshield-washer liquids, antifreeze, and brake fluids.
- Check your tire pressure and the quality of each wheel. It’s especially important to look at the spare tire quality, too.
- Secure your brake linings, rotors, and drums, inspecting for wear and tear.
- Change the air filters of your HVAC systems.
- It’s the rain season, so that means it’s time to replace your wipers (front and back)!
- Replace and update your car emergency kit. Stock it with a first aid kit, flashlight, batteries, a hand-cranked radio, blankets, non-perishable food, tools, and other necessities.
Fall Road Hazards
The autumn leaves create quite a picturesque landscape – but a hazardous driving one! Here are just a few of the hazards that you may experience in the fall:
- The autumn leaves and drizzling rain create a slippery surface on the road. Take care when you’re driving in areas with lots of bare trees and always slow down if you come to debris in the middle of the road.
- Fall is deer mating season, so the likelihood of you meeting a deer increases now. Slow down during dusk and dawn, when the deer are most active, and always drive slowly on country roads.
- With darker mornings and evenings, ensure that you turn on your headlights so that you are visible on the roads.
At Dougherty Insurance, we represent multiple carriers and are able to explore all of the best options to suit your needs. We want to make sure that you have the coverage you need – it’s our job to help you! Contact us today for unparalleled car insurance in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.