21 Dec How to Select the Right Life Insurance
What you should consider to ensure you land the right life insurance policy.
Purchasing the right life insurance for your needs is not always easy, at least for beginners. In fact, it can often seem so daunting that many adults give up the idea of securing it. However, this can be a costly mistake to make. If you’re in the market for selecting the best life insurance policy easily, check out our handy tips.
- Get multiple insurance quotes from a variety of local and national insurers. Once you have these in hand, review coverage and restrictions to compare.
- Once you’ve decided on an insurer, ask him or her to explain the policy in detail to you. If you are not sure of anything, ask!
- Consider life insurance for the whole family, not just for the adults. Costs that follow a death or serious illness can add undue stress to an already upset family.
- Decide if you want term (a policy for 10, 20, 30, etc. years) or whole life insurance (it lasts for your entire life).
- Consider if you want a disability rider in your policy to take care of you before your death.
- Work with your insurer to secure a policy that you can realistically afford.
- Regularly review your insurance policy to ensure that you are satisfied with the coverage and to update it when major life events occur, such as marriage, the birth of a baby, moving home, or getting a new job.
- Lock in a life insurance policy when you’re young and healthy as you will get to enjoy low premiums and reliable coverage!
At Dougherty Insurance Agency, you’re a person, not a policy number. We understand the importance of personalizing life insurance to suit your needs, family, and future, all at the right price. Contact us today for service in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.