11 Jan It’s National Soup Month! Whip Up This Delicious Recipe
Warming Soup Recipe That’s Perfect for Winter
With the winter weather set to continue for the rest of the month, many of us are looking to warm up. From extra layers to hot tea, there are plenty of cozy ways to stop shivering. In fact, this winter soup recipe hits just the spot! It’s loaded with winter vegetables, nutrients, and will satisfy everyone sitting around your table. The best bit? It’s quick, easy, and cheap to make!
- 2 leeks, white parts only, split in half lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large Yukon gold potato, diced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or any other cooked canned bean)
- 1 small bunch kale, thick stems removed, leaves roughly torn
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Add mushrooms, broth, leeks, carrot, celery, potato, chickpeas, kale, and soy sauce to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are completely tender and beginning to fall apart, about 25 minutes. Stir in cornstarch slurry and allow to simmer 2 minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in lemon juice and parsley, and serve, drizzling extra-virgin olive oil into bowls as you eat.
From the insurance professionals, we hope that you enjoy this delicious soup! For all of your insurance needs, contact Kevin or Marci for the right insurance for your needs.